Friday, January 29, 2010

A day at SMOS

Today I went up Sivercrown Mountain for Silvercrown Mountain Outdoor School. It is a class every friday that I do. I go with Weslie Hegel, Emitt Simmons, Tyler McGee, Kita Ward, Bethanne Kelley (My Sister), Paul Kelley (My Brother), Leland Brodahl, Josiah Arrell, Mike McGee (Tyler's dad), and Gerhard Carlson. Its definitely an energetic bunch. We built fires today in groups of 2. Leland and I were in one group and We got our fire built in 2 matches in the snow without using paper, birch bark or pitch. I may become the tech guy for SMOS which means I will be the website editor and builder. Bryan Carlson (Gerhard's Son) might teach me how to work the website. I can't wait, it'll be a really good learning experience, since thats what I'm going to go to college to do. The website is http://www.exploresmos.org/. Here's a video of us having a little fun on ice.

1 comment:

TitonKing said...

sounds fun! can't wait to go.