Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Story of my Auto Harp

When my family lived in Tonasket, we went to a Christian school that was at our church. There were 5 teachers in the 2 years we had the school. One of the teachers in the school was Mrs. Ramos. She was a lower grade all-subject teacher and a drama teacher. My mom would go to her house often with my sister, my brother, and I. One day she called us to come over. My mom went in first, then me. When I got in Mrs. Ramos was crying and told me that I was a Levite leader and that I am supposed to worship God with the harp. She had been praying and God had told her to give me her Auto Harp. The Auto Harp had been her great grandma's and it had been in the family for generations. It was so important to her that she stored it in her room under her bed and had kept it with her through all the houses she'd lived in. She reason didn't know that she was confirming the calling that God had given me at the family camp the year before, since she wasn't at family camp. I keep it under my bed now, to protect it. I like playing it, but it is hard to play it in worship and I need lessons to get really good at it. I am really thankful to Mrs. Ramos for listening to God and giving me her Auto Harp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey just dropping and leaving a comment. i'm kaleb and live at marble. i just met your mom today and she told me you had a blog and were passionate about God... sooo anyway...

p.s. i'm horable about leaving long meaningless comments.